Attention: Acupuncture Alumni
The Acupuncturist is responsible for performing acupuncture, including electroacupuncture, on patients referred by a qualified health care provider for the treatment of pain and restoration of health.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Performs comprehensive evaluations, upon receipt of written or verbal consultation, to determine acupuncture treatments. Plans, evaluates and\or recommend changes to patient treatment program in coordination with medical staff.
- Develops effective programs and applies therapeutic principles appropriately.
- Administers acupuncture therapy interventions. Documents and communicates information regarding patient status and treatment to ensure patient information is shared with appropriate parties.
- Monitors the patient’s performance and physical status to ascertain effectiveness of program. Evaluates, treats, maintains appropriate documentation and reports patient’s progress.
- Maintains effective communication with superiors and other members of the healthcare team.
- Maintains accurate records and prepares timely reports according to department and regulatory policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Maintains professional and technical requirements and provide the necessary documentation on such requirements. Attends professional education programs. Reviews appropriate and current acupuncture and medical literature.
- Bills patient according to established procedures.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Outstanding interpersonal skills as well as a neat professional appearance.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, doctors and coworkers.
- Employee must maintain patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPPA guidelines.
- Masters degree in Chinese Medicine or related field
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION – Masters’
- EXPERIENCE – Less than 1 Year of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION –
Licensed Acupuncturist (ACUPUNCT)