Welcome to the THSU TCM Research Summit 2017 Call for Presentations (CFP)
THSU TCM Research Summit 2017: Freedom to Choose the Healthcare Patients Want
Dates: September 09, 2017
Location: THSU Campus, Austin, Texas
The Abstract Submission period is now open!
The Organizing Committee is encouraging submissions relating to the following Research Themes:
- Current studies, mechanisms, and special techniques of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
- Pain management, traumatic injury and rehabilitation
- Women’s and men’s health/fertility and pediatrics
- Mental health and wellness management
- Cancer / palliative careInternal medicine and environmental health (GI, respiratory, cardiovascular, allergy, infectious disease, skin disease, autoimmune disease, etc.)
- Internal medicine and environmental health (GI, respiratory, cardiovascular, allergy, infectious disease, skin disease, autoimmune disease, etc.)Professionalism: strategic research, education, practice management, practitioner wellness, standards, and legislation
- Professionalism: strategic research, education, practice management, practitioner wellness, standards, and legislation Integration and advancement for the future development of Acupuncture and TCM
- Integration and advancement for the future development of Acupuncture and TCM
Abstract submission deadline is August 25, 2017. To submit an abstract please follow the instructions below-
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ABSTRACTS
Abstracts must be submitted by email to Dr. Vequist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for Submission
Abstracts must be submitted by indicated deadline. Late submissions will be considered at the sole discretion of the THSU TCM Research Summit Organizing Committee.
All abstracts and presenter information must be submitted in English.
The conference language is English only.
The name, title, organization/school and email of the person(s) presenting (teams of faculty & students are encouraged) must be sent in the email. All presenters must register for the conference (details will be sent out after acceptance).
Title of Presentation
Must be typed in Sentence case (First word is Capitalized, and then capitals only for ACRONYMS and first letter of a Proper Noun).
The abstract is to be attached or included on the email (email@example.com). The text of the abstract must be typed in English and should not exceed 500 words. All acu-points and meridians must be named according to Standard Acupuncture Point Locations (World Health Organization Western Pacific Regional Office, 2008) or Standard Acupuncture Nomenclature, Parts 1 & 2 (World Health Organization. 1991: revised edition).
Content of Abstracts
All abstracts must include the following sections:
1) General description; 2) Objectives; 3) Methods; 4) Results; & 5) Conclusion/Discussion.
A short biography of the presenter is to be submitted during the abstract submission process (maximum 75 words). Please attach a professional photo of the presenter as well.
The following resources will be available for oral presentations: laptop with MS PowerPoint software, data projector and screen. If a film slide, DVD or video presentation is proposed, this must be specified under AV requirements when submitting the abstract. Specific AV requests will be considered at the sole discretion of the Organizing Committee.
Abstract oral presentations will be 20 minutes with an additional 10 minutes for Q&A discussion. Presenters will be notified of their presentation schedule by email after accepted. Finalized PowerPoints for presentation must be submitted by August 09, 2017 after receiving acceptance.
Peer Review process
All abstracts will be subject to review by the Organizing Committee.
Acceptance of Abstract
Abstracts that fulfill the above requirements will be considered. Due consideration will be given to originality and quality. Notification will be sent to the presenting author in relation to acceptance and presentation (usually within a week of submission). The decision of the Organizing Committee is final in relation to acceptance or rejection of presentations, and the format and time of presentations.
Successful abstracts will be published in the THSU TCM Research Summit 2017 Book of Abstracts. If you do not wish to publish your abstract, please indicate so when emailing during the submission process.
lf you do not agree to having your email address published in the Book of Abstracts please indicate so when prompted during the submission process.
Abstracts, oral presentations, practical workshops and posters must not contain any kind of advertising. Individuals and organizations wishing to advertise at the conference should contact the Organizing Committee.
• Abstracts must be the author’s own work.
• Abstracts must not consist of work that has been presented at another academic conference.
• The invitation to submit an abstract does not constitute an offer to pay travel, accommodation or registration costs associated with the Conference. Similarly, no speaker fee is paid to successful participants. All speakers must register for the conference.
• The Academic Committee reserves the right to allocate abstracts into sessions as they see fit in accordance with the overall program objectives.
• Abstracts that do not include sufficient data may be rejected.
• If successful, you will be required to confirm your acceptance of the invitation and register to attend the conference (if not already registered).
• Any questions related to abstract submission please email: firstname.lastname@example.org