Paid Acupuncture Assistant
Birds Nest Acupuncture is a boutique-style acupuncture and wellness practice located in East Austin, Texas. We are looking for an assistant with a love for holistic medicine who will help our lead acupuncturist manage and operate her practice of 10 years and ensure it runs smoothly. Our mission is to help people address the need to take care of their emotional, physical, and spiritual health. Birds Nest Acupuncture was created as a refuge, a nest where you can come home to yourself and listen to your inner voice that already knows how to help you heal.
- Scheduling – through email, phone, and text (google voice) and managing waitlist and cancellations. Needs to have a clear voice and strong customer service skills for leaving phone messages and client communication.
- Managing our Monday checklist – includes reminding new inquiries about their consult & emailing appointment location details.
- Client Communication– regarding scheduling, herbal/supplement pickups, reminding them to be timely to their appointments, sending email recommendations, etc. Also handling new client inquiries.
- Organizing and clearing out emails daily -Organize our inbox and put questions that need my attention on the to-do list.
- Herbal and supplement ordering, inventory tracking, and keeping up with current and new price adjustments with herbs and supplements – (working with square for inventory). Recognizing what is on our shelf and the right sizes to order.
- Researching and ordering supplies for the studio – (including ordering target, amazon, & whole foods orders for pickup)
- Maintaining Online Presence – help putting up blogs (writing and/or editing skills). Website adjustments (WordPress knowledge preferred) – putting up new pictures, editing content, keeping it up to date. Keeping Google BNA listing updated.
- Personal – Reservations, appointments, calendar
- Email marketing campaigns – managing the email list by using our online scheduler to import new client emails and executing newsletters through mail chimp.
- Social Media Proficiency – Knowledge of Instagram and Facebook. Assistance with implementing a social media strategy, content creation, and maintaining a social media presence.
- Being proactive – about things that come through email and phone and trying to use your problem-solving skills to figure it out and stay on top of it all.
- Photo editing and Canva skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong organization skills & attention to detail
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Health Insurance knowledge or willingness to learn – checking monthly invoices from insurance biller, contact with insurance biller about claims, and creating Superbills for clients as well as keeping track of them
- Google Drive knowledge – organizing files, creating documents & sheets, streamlining documents, and saving patient communication scripts.
- Google Meets knowledge- Setting up weekly video meetings.
Project facilitating- organizing, and managing the details of that project
The position is 5-6 hours per week. 3 hours in person once a week (preference for either Wed or Friday) and the rest can be done remotely. You must be available to check our google voice and email 4 times a day- Monday through Friday.
Starting pay is $14/hour with room for a raise in one month.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $14.00 per hour
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Experience: Customer service: 2 years (Preferred)