Established in 1990


We welcome current and prospective students to the office of financial aid services at Texas Health and Science University.

Our mission is to help students find federal and institutional financial aid they need in order to facilitate their learning experience at THSU.
THSU is approved to participate in the Federal Title IV programs available through the United States Department of Education, which include:

William D. Ford Federal Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford Loans William D. Ford Federal PLUS Loans for undergraduate and graduate students, Federal Pell Grant, Federal SEOG, and Federal Work Study.
If you need assistance please contact our office
(512) 444-8082 or

As a current student seeking information about your specific financial aid needs and concerns, please visit our office or give us a call.
We are happy to review your file with you and explain the options you have and any steps you may need to take.

Click here for details on Tuition and Fees

Apply for Financial Aid

Financial aid is available for those who qualify
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), as this is necessary for applying for the Federal Pell Grant, William D. Ford Federal Stafford and PLUS loans and, Federal Work Study.

Step 1

Create a SFA User ID

Federal Student Aid

(At least one parent will also have to sign if you are a dependent student).

The THSU School code: 031795-00
Click Here

Step 2

File Your FAFSA Online

THSU should receive the results of your application within 2 to 3 business days. If you do not receive a response from the U.S. Department of Education within 2 weeks, contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center for assistance.
Click Here

Step 3

Once THSU receives your FAFSA results, and no corrections are needed, you will need to sign the Authorization Statement authorizing THSU to deduct tuition, fees, and other charges from your Title IV financial aid.

Step 4

Review your award letter which details the types and amounts of financial aid you are eligible to receive.

If your award letter has loans listed, you will be required to complete entrance loan counseling and the master promissory note (MPN).

More information on Student Loans